Two years on from its official launch, sales progression software provider mio is celebrating the achievement of a series of important milestones:
- The mio chain view which provides all parties to a transaction with a clear, informative view of the chain is being rolled out across Countrywide Conveyancing Services (CCS). They will be the first panel manager in the UK to benefit from a shared view of the chain.
Commenting, Darren Hall, Chief Operations Officer at Countrywide Conveyancing Services, said: “We’ve been sharing our conveyancing milestone data with mio since its launch and it’s really helped to reduce inbound call volumes from agents & customers looking for updates. Giving our conveyancing team access to the mio chain view to improve visibility across the chain was a logical next step which will help to make our customers’ dream move happen, quicker. Conveyancing can be a challenge for all parties involved and achieving this industry first, in partnership with mio, underlines our commitment to making home moving simpler and quicker, delivering massive benefits for all involved.”
- Nearly 1.4m sales progression milestones have been updated by agents using mio
- Over 500,000 milestones have been updated automatically by data feeds from conveyancers, surveyors and mortgage brokers
- Over 100,000 properties have been progressed to exchange in mio
- The average fall through rate for agents using mio is 17%
- Agents regularly using the full range of functions within mio are recording an average SSTC to exchange of 111 days.
Commenting on the progress mio has made, Managing Director, Emma Vigus, said: “These results are a testament to the hard work of our fantastic team and the agents that have supported us. They highlight the value of our proposition underlining the fact that mio is a must-have piece of software for those who are committed to transforming their approach to sales progression, to improve efficiency and pipeline turnover and reduce fall throughs.”
To continue the celebrations, mio will be donating £250 to Agents Giving when the two-millionth milestone is updated in the platform – expected to be reached in the next fortnight.